You are here
Pneumatic - Trident Downhole Piston Pump
For hazardous and potentially hazardous locations, difficult and chemically challenging pumping applications, the Trident Pump is used in vertical, horizontal and high head pumping conditions.
The Trident Pump is a powerful pneumatically driven, positive displacement, piston pump with a flow range of 0-10 gpm. Pneumatic air lines do not enter the well or tank. Pumps liquid down to the bottom of the tank or well. The enclosed mechanically reciprocating motor lifts the liquid to the surface for discharge with each stroke. It can pump wet or dry.
Materials of construction selected for challenging applications.
Develops pumping forces up to 270 psi.
The Blackhawk Trident Pump uses a stainless steel cylinder, self cleaning check-ball assemblies, and a fibreglass sucker-rod assembly. These three parts are the basic components of the Trident Pump. The pump is made to be a simple pump for difficult applications.
The pump head assembly is situated above the well. It is connected to the cylinder by means of the riser pipe. The up and down stroke movement of the fibreglass sucker-rod assembly is transmitted down the rise pipe to the check ball piston which presses the water in the riser pipe up to the surface.
A foot valve is incorporated into the cylinder. Fabricated stainless steel components ensure high reliability, efficiency, and long trouble free life.
The Trident Pump has been field tested in the most difficult environmental and landfill recovery wells through winter and summer seasons.
The Trident Pump is easy to install and is designed for in field service.
Features and Benefits
• Top Head Drive Motor
• Drive motor is on top of well or sump.
• Generates up to 380 PSI of power equivalent to 880' TDH.
• Heavy duty compact driver fits into enclosed vault.
• Down hole environment (e.g. temperature, corrosion, pressure, vacuum, etc.) does not affect pump performance.
• Air system shut down does not impact pump.
• Controls draw-down of liquid.
• Matches pumping rate to yield of product in well or tank.
• Increases well life.
• Gently handles product, without emulsification.
• Measured metered flow.
Air Lines Outside Of Well
• Compressed air is not in well or sump.
• Compressed air does not contact liquid being pumped.
• Biological or encrustation build up is reduced or eliminated.
• Foamy liquid discharge is reduced.
Best Draw-down Capability In Industry
• Draws liquid to bottom intake, independent of liquid head.
• Pump does not need to be submersed to operate.
• Pump operates vertically or horizontally.
• Pumps thick, heavy, viscous liquids.
Safe, Clean, Healthy Operation
• Top head drive feature keeps operator free from contaminates.
• Inspection and maintenance are healthy and safe.
• Pump discharge exhaust air is free of contaminants.
• Petro-Chemical Fluids
• Remediation Oil, Tar, Gases
• Hazardous/Potentially Hazardous Fluids
• Gas Condensate